Live with an Australian family
Are you looking for a home away from home? Be welcomed into one of ILSC’s Australian Homestay families and experience a supportive living environment in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide. Homestay provides a fantastic opportunity to practise your English conversation skills and experience Australian family life and culture.
IMPORTANT: Homestay Accommodations are not available to:
• Greystone College Australia students
• ILSC Australia Evening Schedule students
WHAT TO EXPECT IN YOUR HOMESTAY
- Diverse homestay families that reflect the multicultural populations in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.
- A clean, comfortable, private room, equipped with a desk, bed, dresser, closet and good lighting
- Homes located between 30-60 minutes travelling distance from the school
- Prepared meals for students who choose an option with a meal plan.
- A safe and secure homestay, inspected and approved by our Student Accommodation Department
Australia is a multicultural country. Your homestay family in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide might have a foreign background. Please be open to embrace different cultures.
ENGLISH WILL BRING YOU TOGETHER
Your homestay family might have other international students, but no one will speak the same language as you.
Australian homestay families are very pet friendly. Your homestay family might have pets. Please note, if you requested to stay in a house with no pets, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Wooden houses are quite common in Australia. Your bedroom will be private, but you will share the bathroom with the rest of the household.
SMOKE FREE SPACES
All our homestay families do not allow anyone to smoke inside their houses. If you are a smoker, please let us know before your arrival.
All Australian homestay families have house rules. Please talk to your homestay family about their house rules on your first day and do your best to follow them.
Guests and overnight guests are not allowed in your homestay unless your homestay parents give you permission.
You will be responsible to pay for any damage you have caused during your stay.
MEAL PLAN OPTIONS
- HALF-BOARD (Breakfast + Dinner)
Breakfast is usually prepared by the student and may consist of a piece of toast with coffee and/or a bowl of cereal with milk.
Dinner is prepared by the family. Your family will set the dinner time (typically sometime between 6−7:30 pm). Dinner is usually a well-balanced, full meal.
USE OF THE KITCHEN
If you choose a half-board homestay you will not be allowed to use the kitchen. If you would like to use the kitchen, please ask your homestay family first; but be aware that they are not obligated to allow you to use the kitchen.